TUESDAY TIP – QUICK & EASY BALSAMIC BEAN SALAD
Beas are are an affordable source of protein, fibre, iron, and vitamins that offer many health benefits.
This recipe serves 4
1 x 125g can corn, no added salt
1 x 420g can four bean mix, no added salt
1 Lebanese cucumber
½ red onion
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon mint
1 tablespoon parsley
Pepper to taste
- Drain corn and bean mix. Finely dice cucumber and onion. Chop tomato.
- Chop mint and parsley, then set aside.
- Combine beans, cucumber, tomato, onion and corn in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, herbs and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat well.
Tip: give this recipe a protein boost by adding tuna, salmon or grilled chicken.
MACRONUTRIENTS per 100 grams: