TUESDAY TIP – LEAFY GREEN VEGETABLES
Leafy green vegetables are perfect for fat loss.
Kale, spinach, beetroot leaves, cabbage, watercress, lettuces, endive, radicchio, chicory, rocket, bok choy, broccoli, broccolini, silverbeet, etc.
Leafy green vegetables are an important part of a healthy diet. They’re packed with antioxidants, fibre, vitamins and minerals, including calcium. They are a great way to increase the volume of your meals, without increasing the calories.
Eating a diet rich in leafy greens can offer numerous health benefits including reduced risk of obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, and mental decline.
How do you make leafy greens taste great?
1. Steam and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest and pepper
2. Sauté with garlic, onion, chili and mushrooms
3. Add chopped greens to a stir fry
4. Add to smoothies (if stalky add some ice cubes)
5. Add some to your sandwich or wrap