TUESDAY TIP – DO YOU MEET THE GUIDELINES?
AUSTRALIA’S PHYSICAL ACTIVITY GUIDELINES FOR ADULTS (18–64 years)
• Accumulate 150 to 300 minutes (2 ½ to 5 hours) of moderate intensity physical
activity or 75 to 150 minutes (1 ¼ to 2 ½ hours) of vigorous intensity physical activity,
or an equivalent combination of both moderate and vigorous activities, each week.
• DO MUSCLE STRENGTHENING ACTIVITIES ON AT LEAST 2 DAYS EACH WEEK
Regular muscle strengthening activities will help to:
• Manage blood pressure, blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels;
• Prevent and control heart disease and type 2 diabetes;
• Improve posture, mobility and balance;
• Reduce the risk of falls and injury;
• Maintain your ability to do everyday tasks.