TUESDAY TIP – 5 MENTAL BENEFITS OF RESISTANCE TRAINING
We all know the many physical benefits of resistance and cardio training including weight control, lower blood pressure, reduced risk of diabetes and increased balance, mobility and improvement in posture.
Here are 5 PSYCHOLOGICAL benefits of resistance and cardio training.
- Boosts your mood – helps with depression and anxiety (in some cases as effective as medication)
- Reduces stress – stimulates the production of neurohormones to improve cognition and mood, and improve the body’s ability to respond to stress
- Better sleep – regulates your circadian rhythm
- Brain boost – Creates new brain cells and improves brain performance. Prevents cognitive decline and memory loss by strengthening the hippocampus. Also boosts creativity.
- Increases self-esteem and self-confidence